Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Finally an Update

We haven't had to0 much of anything interesting going on lately so I haven't been putting up any new posts. Just a few things are going on around here, Russ started the doctor program for Chiropractic in January so that has been keeping him pretty busy and we're having to get used to not having him around as much. The hard part too is that when he is home a lot of times he's unavailable to us because he's busy doing schoolwork. He really is excited about it all and so far he's done pretty well on all of his tests so I'm very happy about that.
Carson has been learning so much and changing from a baby to a little toddler more and more every day. It's hard to watch them grow up and wonder where the time went. He has recently started saying lots of different words such as papa, doggie, done, night night, bye-bye and many others I can't think of right now. He also signs a lot of different things because Grandma Birdsall bought all the signing time videos so he likes to watch those while he eats. It's great to be able to communicate with him. Unfortunately, Carson has gone through a couple spouts of sickness this year already and both lasted longer then I would like and have seemed to make a huge difference in his weight. He's pretty scrawny now but I'm trying to fatten him up. He still nurses, (not to my desire) and loves it. He's always signing milk but I try to distract him with other foods so that I can someday stop NURSING!
As for me, not a whole lot of change has gone on with me. I'm still trying to lose that lovely baby weight but it's a lot harder than you'd think when you still have to worry about eating to have milk. I have recently taken up a love for the stairmaster which hopefully will start to make some big changes in my body. My dream is to get to my ideal weight before I get pregnant again and depending on how long that takes is how long we'll have to wait. Other than that, I'm still keeping busy with my church callings, (nursery chorister and visiting teaching supervisor) and looking forward to spring coming so that Carson and I can spend a lot of time outdoors playing. Russell and I both are looking forward to May because that is when we will be moving into the townhome. It will be nice to be in our own place again, get organized, and have all of our own stuff! I think that's it for us for now. I hope that all is going well with all of you and hope to hear from you!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Yay, you posted!!!! Now we just need some pictures! I wish we lived closer!

Jennifer Long said...

Carson is adorable and props to you for going back to school. I was just thinking of you. So glad for the blog!